Firefox's hidden advanced menu gives you several ways to tweak the way it works under the hood. Here are a set of settings to change to get it to browse faster than ever.
Go to the URL bar (A.K.A awesome bar) and enter about:config. If you want to use a more "graphical interface" use a Firefox GUI config.
- browser.display.show_image_placeholders = false
- browser.tabs.animate = false
- network.prefetch-next = true
- network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server = 8
- network.http.pipelining = true
- ui.submenuDelay = 0
- network.dns.disableIPv6 = true
Create integer -> Name: nglayout.initialpaint.delay -> value: 0
Create integer -> Name: content.notify.backoffcount -> value: 5
Goto tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Disable all the extensions you don't use.
Goto tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins -> Disable all the extensions you don't use. For example i disabled the following:
- Google Updates
- Itunes application Detector
- Java platform SE update 7
- Microsoft DRM
- Windows Media Player Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation
Be careful when disabling plugins as some functionality of the browser may be disabled. Cover image by: ~IQEye
It’s Black Friday week in the Gadget Hacks shop! Huge sales on Bluetooth speakers, phone mounts, online courses, and more. The biggest discounts are on online classes, and we’ve hand-picked our 10 favorites for you. Check them out!