Firefox's hidden advanced menu gives you several ways to tweak the way it works under the hood. Here are a set of settings to change to get it to browse faster than ever.
Go to the URL bar (A.K.A awesome bar) and enter about:config. If you want to use a more "graphical interface" use a Firefox GUI config.
- browser.display.show_image_placeholders = false
- browser.tabs.animate = false
- network.prefetch-next = true
- network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server = 8
- network.http.pipelining = true
- ui.submenuDelay = 0
- network.dns.disableIPv6 = true
Create integer -> Name: nglayout.initialpaint.delay -> value: 0
Create integer -> Name: content.notify.backoffcount -> value: 5
Goto tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Disable all the extensions you don't use.
Goto tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins -> Disable all the extensions you don't use. For example i disabled the following:
- Google Updates
- Itunes application Detector
- Java platform SE update 7
- Microsoft DRM
- Windows Media Player Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation
Be careful when disabling plugins as some functionality of the browser may be disabled. Cover image by: ~IQEye
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions.