Firefox's hidden advanced menu gives you several ways to tweak the way it works under the hood. Here are a set of settings to change to get it to browse faster than ever.
Go to the URL bar (A.K.A awesome bar) and enter about:config. If you want to use a more "graphical interface" use a Firefox GUI config.
- browser.display.show_image_placeholders = false
- browser.tabs.animate = false
- network.prefetch-next = true
- network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server = 8
- network.http.pipelining = true
- ui.submenuDelay = 0
- network.dns.disableIPv6 = true
Create integer -> Name: nglayout.initialpaint.delay -> value: 0
Create integer -> Name: content.notify.backoffcount -> value: 5
Goto tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Disable all the extensions you don't use.
Goto tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins -> Disable all the extensions you don't use. For example i disabled the following:
- Google Updates
- Itunes application Detector
- Java platform SE update 7
- Microsoft DRM
- Windows Media Player Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation
Be careful when disabling plugins as some functionality of the browser may be disabled. Cover image by: ~IQEye
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: